|File Size||47.94 MB|
|Create Date||October 16, 2019|
|Last Updated||October 16, 2019|
Emergency Response for Water Utilities
The Incident Command System
- Applying best management practices of the Incident Command System (ICS) during multiple or protracted field events.
- Operationally, examples of the following were utilized: repairs by agency personnel and by contractors, evacuation and traffic control, in-field public notification, working with other first-responders, and the use of mutual assistance.
- Understanding the roles of Management, Planning, Logistics, and Finance specific to the water sector when utilizing the ICS.
- Focusing on "real-life" situations and learning from one another’s experiences.
- Debrief from lessons learned and better application for future events.